- Download Node: https://nodejs.org/en/download/. Pick the binary distribution
- Copy the file wherever you want to. I will use the c:\programs\node location as an example below.
- Add your node folder to the PATH environmental variable (c:\programs\node in this example) unless you are truly about to do a pendrive install.
- Get npm source form here: https://github.com/npm/npm. Clone or download button, Download ZIP. Unzip it to some other location, i.e. c:\programs\npm
- Open CMD, go to the npm location and run node cli.js install npm -gf
- You should see npm.cmd and node_modules folder in the node directory now
- Verify the install by
- npm -v
- node -v